Whether it is a sudden Google algorithm tweak or simply an effort to strengthen the online presence of the business, the importance of website analysis in digital marketing is paramount. How Google analyzes a website is what determines the visibility of the site in search queries and discovering it, at least to some extent, enables businesses to make all possible efforts to rank better.
There are tons of SEO tools that can make it easier for businesses to know about their own websites and enhance their organic search strategies. In this post, you will get to learn about 4 most effective ones among them:
- Google Webmaster Tools
When it comes to providing end-to-end solutions for website analysis, no other tool can beat the performance of this free suite of tools by Google. Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) is a bunch of simple, easy to use, and beginner-friendly resources, which works as the means of communication between Google and webmasters. In fact, it is quite a wise idea to discover the fundamentals of Google search by asking the social media giant itself.
The most vital feature of GWT is known as ‘Google’ Fetch’, which is used for observing a particular page URL exactly the way Google itself observes it. This is essential for improving the SEO performance of that particular page. It also aids in spotting out the problematic code in case of a site hack or malware attack. Webmasters are allowed to use 500 fetches per week and notifications are issued when they are about to reach their limits.
‘PageSpeed Insights’ is another useful feature of GWT that makes it extremely easy for webmasters to measure the speed of desktop websites as well as mobile websites. It assigns score points to each website, which ranges between 0 and 100. The higher is the score, the better is the performance of the site in terms of speed. Webmasters are encouraged to maintain the PageSpeed Score 85 or above for excellent performance.
- Moz Pro Tools
Moz Pro Tools is an ‘all-in-one SEO tracking and research toolset’ developed by industry pros, which helps webmasters analyze their websites in a number of ways. The versatile tool comes with a whole lot of resources that are essential for identifying SEO opportunities, optimizing the overall efforts, tracking the growth of the business, and even preparing monthly reports.
The collection of Moz Pro research tools basically provides intelligent data and actionable insights to help improve the SEO performance of websites, thereby increasing search rankings of businesses. However, the best thing about the toolset is its ‘Crawl Test’ feature that employs the own web crawler of Moz named ‘RogerBot’.
It can analyze as many as 3000 links on a certain website URL and generate an in-depth email report containing details of all those pages the website links to. This helps businesses find out all vital factors (duplicate content, redirects, etc.) that influence the crawlability of the site as well as its SEO performance. It also helps webmasters save a significant amount of time.
- HubSpot’s Website Grader
Website Grader is a free online marketing tool launched by HubSpot. It is extremely easy to use and primarily focuses on finding out how strong a website is. Webmasters can simply put the website URL and their email addresses to get a score between 1 and 100 in just a few minutes.
It facilitates the identification of SEO opportunities and generates personalized reports for a business by grading its website against certain major aspects. Check out the key metrics considered by the tool for grading a website:
- Performance: The performance of a website is measured in terms of the size of its pages, HTTP requests, page speed, etc.
- Mobile Readiness: It is checked whether the website is mobile-friendly or not by evaluating its mobile responsiveness as we as viewport settings.
- SEO: The visibility of the website for both online users and search engine bots are determined by considering factors like Meta data, page titles, etc.
- Security: The presence of SSL certificate and other security measures are checked to ensure that the website is authentic, safe, and secured enough for visitors to submit their contact information.
Since its release in 2007, Website Grader has gained a lot of recognition and popularity. However, HubSpot has released an improved version of the tool recently.
- UpCity’s SEO Report Card
The SEO Report Card by UpCity is another free tool for businesses to check the SEO performance reports of their websites. It allows webmasters to analyze the websites based on their SEO efforts and discover exactly how they stack up against their rivals.
Just like the previous tool, this one also asks for the contact information along with the website URL and generates the report card with all crucial data. Following are the metrics covered by the tool in its report:
- Rank Analysis: Know the rankings of your website in major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing based on the primary keyword provided by you.
- On-Site Analysis: A thorough checking of the website to determine how strategically the primary keyword is placed throughout it.
- Current Indexing: It lets you know how many pages of your website have already been indexed by major search engines.
- Website Accessibility: Learn about the loading time of your website and also, figure out how easily crawlers can access it.
- Link Building: Find the total number of websites that have linked back to your own site and know about them in details.
- Trust Metrics: Get an overview of the trustworthiness of your website.
These information will not only help you analyze your own website but also enable you to compare your rankings with your competitors in order to uncover improvement opportunities.
Hope this list of SEO tools helps you leverage SEO best practices for your website and take your business to a different height.